Join the 2022 image of the year competition on Instagram. We’re looking for a single image that celebrates inherent individuality and cherish distinctive identity, reflecting the wearer’s sense, intellect and beauty.
The images must reflect the idea of ultimate suitability. Conceived in a sublime cooperative spirit to create super individual looks that suit not only bone structure but also lifestyle and personality. Classic Sassoon shapes have an easy and effortless attitude and are recontextualised for today. These should not be direct recreations, but a reflection of something you know, a Sassoon language that is familiar to its devotees that creates trends that ripple through the industry with impressive, and lasting effects.
HOW TO JOIN THE COMPETITION
Post 2 pictures: before & after, starting from finished look, and swiping for before look. Mention your name, salon, country and use the hashtag #sassooncontest2022
COMPETITION WILL RUN UNTIL AUGUST 31st ON INSTAGRAM
1. Sassoon Professional Image of the Year 2022 is open to all employees of a Sassoon Partner Salon in Europe aged 18 years and over.
2. No employee of Sassoon Professional, Sassoon Salon or Academy, and Wella Company or their families will be allowed to enter the Sassoon Professional Image of the Year 2022.
3. The competitor(s) must be totally responsible for all elements contributing to the cut, colour, finish and style of the hair. The cutting can be pre-done. Professional photographers, make-up artists and stylists may be used.
4. The winner will be the image that exemplifies excellence in cut, colour and finish. If the work on the entry is carried out by one person who specialises in both cut and colour, then there will be one winner. If the work is carried out by hair professionals who specialise in cutting only and specialise in colouring only, and work together as a team, then there will be two winners. Two winners per entry is the maximum number of winners allowed.
5. Sassoon Partner Salons are allowed to enter as many competitors as they like, but only a maximum of two competitors (cutting and colouring) are allowed per entry post. An individual can only enter the competition once.
6. The salon that appears on the entry post will be the salon that the hairdresser(s) must represent for the duration of the competition. Should a competitor leave his/her employment (i.e. move to a different salon) during the competition, he/she will lose their right to compete. In the case of withdrawal of a competitor, the salon loses the right to compete.
7. Each entry must must follow the entry instructions. Photographs do not have to be head and shoulders, but judges are all directed to look at the hair work only. It is at the competitor’s discretion to the type of hair work presented. If any entry does not comply with this rule, it will be disqualified.
8. A fully completed entry post will include details behind the inspiration of your image and a description of the cut, colour and finish used together with products. It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure they obtain written consent from the model to: a) take their picture for the purposes of the competition; and b) consents to their picture being used on social media platforms.
9. Professional photographs are not necessary for entry to the competition.
10. Entries that have been previously published (either in print or online) cannot be considered (photo rights during the competition are reserved for Sassoon Professional and Salon Professional Europe).
11. All photographs taken and posted become the property of Sassoon Professional and Salon Professional Europe and may be used for publicity purposes.
12. Overuse of Photoshop will result in disqualification. It could be used to even out skin tone, tidy up clothing or remove an errant hair. It should not be used to create, enhance or manipulate the hair.
13.The deadline is final. No entries will be accepted after the closing date of Wednesday August 31st.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS
14. Extensions - the model’s own hair is the basic working material. Hair extensions may NOT be used. The use of hair pieces or hair extensions will disqualify the entrant from the competition. Basic padding with no artificial hair can be used.
15. It is the competitor’s responsibility to perform a skin test 48 hours before the colour application.
16. The judges will specifically be looking for a high calibre of cut, colour and finish.
17. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Competitors and their salons have no right to legal recourse.
18. The finalists per country will be announced on Friday September 16th.
19. The European winner will be announced on Friday September 23rd on the Sassoon Academy IG account.
Prize package is made up of the 3 elements below: 1 winner per country will win (point 20, 21) 1 European winner who will receive (point 20, 21, 22)
20. Go for free to the Salon Live Show at Salon International at Excel, London on Sunday 9th October 2022 for the launch of the Sassoon Academy 2022 Collection. Prize covers standard return flight/ rail travel to London (return economy air travel for NI winner(s)) and a maximum of 2 night’s accommodation in a twin-bedded room. All other expenses are the responsibility of the winner(s).
21. Attend a ONE WEEK course of your choice to be taken at Sassoon Academy, London or on the SASSOONLINE education platform.
22. Prizewinner(s) will shadow Mark Hayes and the International Creative Team on the next Sassoon Professional Photo Shoot to be held in the UK or Germany. This part of the prize covers economy/standard return air/train travel (to be determined based on home location) to the shoot location with maximum 2 night’s accommodation in a twin bedded room, transfers to and from the destination airport/station and hotel and travel to and from the shoot venue. All other expenses are the responsibility of the winner(s).
Winner(s) are responsible for ensuring they have valid passports and any visa requirements are the responsibility of the individuals.
23. Any contravention of the rules will render a competitor liable for disqualification.
24. Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
Sassoon Professional, Wella Company. 1213 Petit-Lancy, Switzerland